MiCHIGO seeking volunteer Committee Leads
The Michigan Cannabis Hospitality Growth Organization (MiCHIGO) is a non-profit organization in-formation committed to connecting businesses and consumers who share an interest in cannabis-enhanced experiences in Michigan. MiCHIGO is committed to cultivating learning opportunities, collaboration, open communication, social equity, and environmental sustainability.
MiCHIGO is currently seeking volunteer Committee Leads with a passion for promoting safe, responsible cannabis travel, tourism, hospitality, and related experiences that unlock new revenue opportunities for business, create jobs, and inject fresh resources into local economies. Committee Leads have two basic responsibilities – support and governance – each requiring different skills and expertise.
CURRENT COMMITTEE LEAD OPENINGS:
- Treasurer (Finance Committee Lead & Board position)
- Internal Affairs Lead
- Communications Lead
- Membership Lead
- Legislation, Research & Policy Lead
COMMITTEE LEAD COMMITMENTS INCLUDE:
- Attending regularly scheduled Board meetings, committee meetings, and planning sessions; volunteering at special events, as needed
- Aiding in creating and setting organizational short-term and long-term goals
- Willingness to be a public face of MiCHIGO; publicize and promote MiCHIGO amongst contacts and networks; displaying a commitment to a vibrant future for the organization
- Preparing well for meetings, reviewing, and commenting on minutes and reports; providing feedback as needed
- Contributing creative ideas, strategies, and critical thought in order to grow the organization
- Fellowship with other members and building a collegiate working relationship
- Actively participating in the Board’s annual evaluation and planning efforts
- Helping the organization to fundraise and secure sponsorships, with a willingness to open personal networks
- Serve at least one two-year tenure as Committee Lead.
- Attend at least 80% of scheduled Board meetings; Actively participate by reading all materials and coming prepared to discuss items on the agenda. The MiCHIGO board currently meets monthly via online conferencing. Meetings generally last 1 hour. On occasion, special meetings may be scheduled as needed.
- Dedicate, on average, ten hours each month to the Committee Lead role, which includes running committee meetings, planning, directing, and monitoring committee member engagement, along with performing other activities related to the successful operation of the organization
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- A commitment to and understanding of MiCHIGO’s mission, vision, and goals
- Strong management and leadership experience
- High visibility and involvement in the community
- Ability to lead strategically
- Savvy diplomatic skills; a natural affinity for cultivating relationships; and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of underserved communities and families
- Prior experience as an expert in the committee’s subject matter is strongly preferred
If you are interested, please send your resume and cover letter (subject: Committee Lead) to email@example.com.